Mailtraq allows a user to activate the Mailtraq administration console software by easily launching the software from an icon in the Windows system tray. It is reported that a local user may exploit the administration console interface to escalate privileges.
1. Double click on the Mailtraq icon in the Taskbar
2. Right click in the right text pane and choose View Source
3. Notepad should open. Click File, click Open
4. In the Files of type: field choose All Files
5. Navagate to '%WINDIR%\System32'. Right click on 'cmd.exe' and choose Open
7. A command prompt will launch with SYSTEM privileges